Latin American cuisine offers a number of delicacies. One of the most popular dishes is definitely the taco. Originally from Mexico, the taco's versatility has made it a dish that enjoys great popularity all over the world. Whether filled with meat, cheese, fish, seafood or vegetables, there is something for everyone. Even for those who prefer to do without animal products.
The vegan tacos not only taste as good as any other taco, but are also very easy to prepare. Within only 15 minutes, the tacos are assembled and ready to serve.
The list of ingredients is also quickly written. To prepare 6 servings you will need the following:
- 260 g corn flour for tortillas
- 250 ml hot water
- 2 tablespoons of water, at room temperature
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 can (400 g) salt-free black beans
In 7 steps the perfect vegan tacos homemade
Once everything is in your kitchen, you're ready to start cooking.
- First, mix the cornmeal and hot water in a bowl. Cover and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Then knead the dough and add room temperature water until you have a smooth dough.
- Line both sides of tortilla press with parchment paper or Ziploc bags. Shape the dough into balls and place one at a time into the tortilla press. Squeeze the press to shape the tortillas.
- Preheat a cast iron over medium heat. Add tortillas one at a time and fry for about 15-20 seconds per side.
- Preheat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and liquid to a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the beans on each taco and add the onion-jalapeño mixture. All that's left to do is top the tacos with cilantro and they're ready to serve.
It's as easy as that. We wish you a good appetite.
Did you like this recipe? Then you'll find many more delicious recipe ideas from Latin American cuisine in our e-books!